Full-time Senior Ruby Developer
Created in 2011, TextMaster is the leading professional translation service available entirely online. By combining advanced technology with a network of verified expert translators in over 50 languages, TextMaster is redefining how businesses handle translation.
Clients can access TextMaster through an online SaaS platform, API or a wide range of integrations and partners. More than 10,000 companies, from multinational corporations to SMBs, in 110 countries, trust TextMaster to optimise their translation workflow.
We’re facing rapid growth and are now hiring a talented Ruby on Rails developer to strengthen our team and keep releasing amazing features that will make our clients super happy.
Since 2018, TextMaster is part of the Technicis Group, European leader in professional translation.
Back-end: Ruby on Rails (Rails 4.x, 5.x), Elixir, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, Event Sourcing, CQRS
Front-end: React, Redux, Redux-Saga, Node.js, Webpack, ES9 / Babel, Flexbox, GraphQL, Apollo
Database: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Postgres
Infrastructure: Cloud66, AWS, Azure, Docker, Microservices
Other (we use state of the art tools and processes):
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Selenium
- Source control: Github
- CI and Continuous-Deployment: SemaphoreCI
- Monitoring: Datadog
- Quality Management: Code Reviews, PRs
- Project Management: ClickUp
- Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Previous experiences in building web services in Java is a plus
- Good knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Working knowledge of PSQL/MongoDB databases
- Perfect command of English (written and spoken)
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Good communication skills and ability to write clear documentation
- Invoicing structure and proper registration if working remotely or valid work permit in France
- Available full time
- … and most importantly: positive spirit and high motivation!
You will join an ambitious development team to help build an amazing online platform while striving to improve your skills. As part of TextMaster’s core development team, you will work on extending and building exciting new features relying on our back-end stack and a service-based architecture. We develop everything internally, so you will have the chance to work on every aspect of a very large and successful online product.
We are looking for highly motivated developers that have extensive experience in Ruby on Rails development and additional interest/skills in Java is a big plus.
The position requires a lot of attention to detail and a strong technical expertise. You’ll join a team of very talented developers working in an amazing atmosphere and a very multi-cultural environment. The position is open to full time remote developers (preferably based in Europe for timezone consideration) or to employees in our French (Paris) offices.
At TextMaster we care deeply about code quality and go the extra mile to write maintainable, understandable and easy-to-change codebases. Your pull requests will be peer-reviewed and continuously integrated and deployed to production.
Interested? Please follow the application process described here: https://github.com/textmaster/tm-ruby-checkout
Please note that we take the first technical test very seriously.