Web Quality Assurance Engineer
Founded in 2011 and backed by preeminent VCs and successful serial entrepreneurs, TextMaster (www.textmaster.com) disrupts the translation industry by providing the first online marketplace for professional translation services. With TextMaster, clients can now order any kind of translation in any language from qualified translators in just a few clicks, 24h/7, around the globe. To make it short, we’re “uberizing” a $40bn industry!
We’re facing rapid growth in 110 countries and are now hiring an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to strengthen our product team and to develop and execute multi-level tests (performance, scalability, integration, automated, user-acceptance testing) order to ensure product quality and stability.
You will join a very ambitious product team that strives to bring to best possible user experience with an amazing online platform. As part of TextMaster’s core technical team, you will work closely with our Product and Development teams to plan, coordinate and execute testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. You will have the chance to interact with most aspects of a very large and successful online product.
The position requires a lot of attention to detail and a strong technical expertise. You’ll join a team of very talented people working in an amazing atmosphere and a very multi-cultural environment. The position is open to full time employees to join our France (Paris) office.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using chosen testing frameworks
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Start a new initiative to add performance and scalability testing to the platform
- Proven working experience in software development
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Perfect command of French and English (written and spoken)
- Valid French work permit
- Available full time
- … and most importantly: positive spirit and high motivation!